Monday, February 11, 2008

Hooray!

The missing lab equipment has been found!

My super-fantastic, wonderful TA (to whom I only have to make vague noises and gesture in the direction of what needs to be done and she does it - which is a huge change from some TAs I've had, where I had to practically stand and breathe down their necks while they were working - which really, isn't the point, and really, if I need to tell them detailed instructions every 15 seconds, it's just easier to do it myself) found them.

We were cleaning up after class today and I happened to mention to her, "If you happen to run across a piece of equipment like this [the last remaining one of a number I had had], would you mind putting them here [designating the spot where they SHOULD be stored]?"

And she said, "Oh, when I was putting stuff away the other day for Dr. X, I saw some of those."

And she walked over to a drawer, opened it, and there, tucked in the back, were my missing things!

I'm not even going to kick Dr. X's ass (because I assume he's the one who put them there) for it. Even though I asked him if he'd seen them and he said no. (And no, I don't suspect he did it as a mind**** or he denied having moved them to mess with me; I think he just genuinely forgot he did that; he's like that.) I'm that happy to have the stuff back. (And that happy to know I'm NOT losing my mind, that the things did not grow legs and "migrate" from the place I had put them.)

1 comment:

Kate P said...

That is wonderful!!! (Yeah, I get excited over little things like that.)

P.S. Thanx for the add to your blogroll. :)