Monday, September 17, 2007

"Because I'm sick and feel like crap, that's why."

So I collected the homeworks - which I gave a grace period over the weekend for, which were originally due Friday.

Three people did not have them done and sat in the back of the class and worked on them. I didn't say anything because I feel like crap.

Their homeworks - the highest score is a 60%.

One person BITCHED and GRIPED and MOANED and talked about how much the homework "sucked." I reminded him that I was not requiring them to meet two hours every week for a scheduled lab; the homework takes the place of lab. (And: two hours in class equals a minimum of two hours outside class prep and write-up. So I don't think he has any right to complain.) This is also my "getting on my last nerve" person - the one with a smart remark for every situation. I think he knows I'm irritated with him right now.

I mean, seriously: they were supposed to have this done FRIDAY. I realize that the weekend is social time, but surely, surely they could find an hour or two to work on the damn thing? (That's what really gripes me: almost never to I get a weekend where I'm work-free. These are people planning to go into careers somewhat similar to mine. They should get used to it.)

Oh, and the installers have not yet called. I was under the impression they would call this morning - it is past 10 am and no word. I am not going to be a happy camper if there's some weird codicil that lets them out of their "installed in 48 hours" promise. Maybe it's "installed in 48 hours when the installers have nothing else to do" or "installed in 48 hours provided the Lowe's and your home are located in a Major Metropolitan Area."

Or maybe they just lied all over the place to me, and what the case really is is, "the installers will CALL in 48 hours of your purchase and good luck at getting an installation time."

I don't know. I just want this taken care of.

Because I hurt ALL OVER. My back and chest are just racked from coughing. I want nothing more than to go home and take a hot bath, and I don't know when I will be able to do that.

And if they say they can come out Wednesday, I'm screwed: unless I cancel all my classes, I can't be at home AT ALL on Wednesday. And I have ZERO patience. If someone comes and bitches to me about homework/paper/test/whatever, they're getting an earful.

Because I'm sick and feel like crap, but I'm too responsible to stay home and watch cartoons for a day.

1 comment:

nightfly said...

Yet another reason why my career as a teacher would be swift and short:

Student: "Man, this homework sucked!"
Prof. Fly: "I agree - and you only had to go through yours. I had to read an entire class' worth."

I am sorry about your hacking and wheezing. Never any fun - and being physically ill really lowers your mental immunity. It gets so hard to deal with whining and petty office politicking and "Your delivery window is days that end in Y."