Monday, September 17, 2007

Hot water: not yours

Well, the guy never called, and it's 4 pm where I am.

"Karen" in the installation-service department goes home at 3 pm. When I called her (midday) she told me the installer was "out on a job" and would call me.

I think "the service person will call you" is the modern variant on "the check's in the mail."

So, I've hauled out my four-quart crockpot and am heating water in it. Once it gets warm, I'll heat water in my 6-quart kettle and my 4-quart dutch oven on the stovetop, and hope that's enough to wash my hair. Because I can't go another day like this.

And then I get to repeat the process to take a bath tonight.

And I'm not sure I want to eat anything requiring a plate or silverware, because boiling water to wash dishes - that's another batch.

Tomorrow morning, I'm calling Lowe's customer service around 8 and bitching at them if the installer hasn't called by then. Because Wednesday is my 8 am until God-knows-when day at work, and I'm danged if I'm cancelling my classes just because the "48 hour installation time" stretches to longer than that.

If they can't install it until next week, by God I'm asking for some of the installation fee back.

No comments: