Friday, September 07, 2007

Open letter

Dear yarn purveyors, especially purveyors of beautiful handpainted yarn:

Could you please take a vacation for, like, six or eight months? Could you maybe stop for a while turning out limited editions of new beautiful things that I convince myself I MUST have? Because, you know, I have no more room to store stuff and even I realize that I don't need eighteen different fancy scarves. And when I buy NEW beautiful stuff, I don't knit up the beautiful stuff I already have.

Thanks.

And while you're at it, could you ask the book publishers - especially the ones publishing fascinating books that are "layman's versions" of science-y and history things I'm interested in, to go on vacation with you? And the people writing the mystery series I read?

Because, you know, I can't NOT look. And it's sooooo tempting when there's wonderful new stuff out there, and I just got paid, and my "entertainment" budget for the month's still flush.


So could you maybe slack off a little, and let me enjoy the stuff I have now before you tempt me with new stuff?

k? thx. bye.

--ricki

No comments: