Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My opinion on "extreme" fashion in general:

Do Not Want.

(seen first at It Comes in Pints?)

I can think of so many punchlines:

How many Smurfs had to die to make that shoe?
Does it transform into a little VW Bug?
Is that the Swiss Army Shoe? Does the stiletto heel turn into a nailfile?
I thought VPL* was a fashion crime, but apparently VSS** is not

(*Visible Panty Line)
(**Visible Slotted Screws)

So is it now officially okay to wear socks with sandals?
Do they double as crampons for when you mountain-climb? (The very word "crampon" makes the 14 year old in me giggle)
Does it come with training wheels?
That red thing on the back - is it a mudflap? Can you get it with a tiny little silhouette of a naked guy on it? (These being women's shoes...only about 1% of the female population would be interested in having a naked woman on their "mudflap." That said - I've seen "naked cowboy silhouette" mudflaps and they're really not all that - his legs look weird, too feminine or something)
Is that green piece sticking up in back a camouflaged 'fro pick?

I don't know. I guess some people look at those and go "WANT!" or else they'd not make them; I'm frankly puzzled by the things. (That said: they do rather look like a puzzle, kind of like Shoes by Rubik.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How many Smurfs had to die to make that shoe?

HAHAHAHA!