Wednesday, September 19, 2007

No, I CAN has hot water...

Part I-don't-care-any-more-and-I'm-sure-you-don't-either, except that this is NEARLY OVER.

"Karen" called me back. I guess it's that the poor guy is just stretched to the limit - they've been sending him almost an hour away to work on a house reno (Dear Lowe's: hire more plumbers.). He had to have his wife bring in the list of what was needed to bring my plumbing up to code. (It was about $200, but frankly at this point I don't flinch at paying it. Well, not too much. It's a damn good thing I'm normally a frugal person - I had enough in my checking account to comfortably cover it without having to eat oatmeal for the rest of the month).

So I went out there, signed the contract, gave them my pound of flesh check, and "Karen" reassured me that he was going to be out "late in the afternoon" tomorrow.

As he told me yesterday. I'm not sure what "late" means, but hell, even if it's 7 pm, I'll take it at this point.

I was supposed to do something at church tomorrow night but I'm totally bailing - if the plumber's not done, I can't just walk off and leave him. And if he IS done, I plan on taking a long hot shower and washing my hair, and then washing my clothes, and then washing my dishes. And at this point, that takes priority.

No comments: