Friday, September 07, 2007

stuff that makes me laugh

* The whole trash-talking, sad-boo-bye generating business over at Tracey's "best thing ever" game.

* My students. Today, before one of my classes, a couple of guys in the back row were discussing something, and a guy in the row ahead of them kind of butted in, giving his "expert" advice. (I have a lot of people who are self-styled "experts" on various things, from the best hunting sites to the best kind of truck to which of the females in their classes are "hot."). One of the guys involved in the original conversation glared at him and said, "This is a tacos and burritos kind of conversation. In other words: Nachos!" (not yours)

hahahahahaha. Sometimes it's hard not to bust out laughing right in front of the class.

* I saw a truck near a construction site. Name of the trucking company: Beaver Express. The truck was driven by a woman. I blame Kurt Vonnegut for the fact that I laughed at that.

* This:


* And finally, upon hearing that Osama bin Ladin is releasing another video tape, my immediate response to bin Ladin and his posturing are pretty well summed up by this photo (The expression, as much as the finger placement.) The fact that I can think something like THAT, rather than being scared, makes me laugh with relief.

2 comments:

nightfly said...

HAHAHAHA! I loved that picture when I saw it at the site. Actually posted a different one today - and no joke, it was dedicated to you. It was after all this that I came over here and saw the post you put up on Friday!

Now we have to suck Tracey and SarahK into this.

Anonymous said...

Aw, the kitty one is cute! The one on the left looks just like my childhood pet.