Friday, October 05, 2007

Arrrrgh

My back-of-the-row sitters in one class?

The ones who bitch about having "only" a week to complete a homework assignment (in lieu of having a two-hour weekly lab plus out-of-class lab write up)?

Did not have their homework done at the start of class. So they did it during class, I'm guessing.

They both got 0's. Of course, it's very likely one copied off of the other, as there were no calculations shown and all the wrong answers were wrong in the same way. But ultimately, they get the same outcome as if I had busted them for cheating.

The thing that frosts me so much, is these are guys who think they're too smart for the room - they carry on whispered conversations (I've completely given up with stopping class till they shut up - I'd never get anywhere. And they act like they don't need to learn this stuff. And then they bitch about "not knowing what to do" on the homeworks.)

I'd really love to go all Dr. Evil on them:



(Okay, except for the being wrong about billions being more than trillions bit. And I probably wouldn't want to use the "zipple" line. But still...I really really want to tell these guys to shut their freakin pieholes and pay a little attention)

Because it PISSES ME OFF when someone acts as if he doesn't NEED to pay attention to what's going on in class, then moans because he can't do the homework (and, I would add, didn't bother to come to any of my copious office hours this week), and then hands in a piece-o-crap that earns him a big fat 0.

I mean, it's justice. But I'm still pissed off. These guys aren't idiots; they could do this stuff if they put in a little effort and if they paid attention in class.

All I can say is none of 'em better come to me looking for a recommendation.

No comments: