Wednesday, October 03, 2007

but....I luvs you...



This reminds me of those old Tom and Jerry cartoons with the little duck - remember the little duck? He was kind of a precursor of one of the Hanna-Barbera characters - Yakky Doodle? Was that it?

Anyway...in one of the cartoons, the duck is convinced that Tom is his mother. But Tom, being a cat, wants to eat the duck. And the little duck decides that if his "mama" wants to eat him, well, he loves his "mama" so much, he will allow his "mama" to eat him. (I wonder if anyone's done a pseudo-philosophical study of some of the early cartoons, and the kind of "moral universe" they inhabit.)

And so, he walks up to the stewpot Tom has brewing, but at the last minute, turns around and says something like, "Mama, I love you."

And of course, Tom bursts into tears - he cannot eat the duck.

That cartoon always used to make me cry a little, as a kid.

Somehow, that LOLcat makes me think of that cartoon. Funny how our minds work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep. That one made me pause for more than a second or two. I thought similar thoughts.