Thursday, October 18, 2007

This cat is ME!



....practically every day when I drive to work.

One of my favorite while-driving comments is the sarcastic, "Oh, thanks for the turn signal!" directed at a person who doesn't use it. (One of the turns I have to make to get into campus, if someone doesn't have their turn signal on and they do turn, it means I'm delayed that much more because I expected them to come through straight. I suppose it would be worse if someone had their turn signal on and then DIDN'T turn, but few enough people use their turn signals that I've never seen that happen)

3 comments:

Cullen said...

My favorite: "The turn signal is not an optional item."

Or some variation of that.

Joel said...

I try to take a Christian approach to people like that: "May the Lord bring you safely to the shoulder when all four of your tires blow out at once."

Anonymous said...

HA! HA! I love that cat!

I have the left turn thing, too, Ricki, only it's when I'm leaving work where the drivers across from me are leaving the mall. And Lord help me if I do need to go straight across to the mall, b/c people assume that--even thought my turn signal's NOT on, I'm turning left. Cripes.

My fave is the satire on the "Visualize World Peace" bumper sticker--"Visualize Using Your Turn Signal." Love it.