Friday, August 03, 2007

Fine mood

Ah, I am in a fine and wonderful mood now.

The computer tech came (ON TIME), figured out what more needed to be done. It's been done, and my computer is now back in my home-office, connecting with the Internet through a wireless connection that is STILL far faster than what I've ever had before (the tech warned me that wireless was "a little slower" than actually being connected to the modem, but I don't notice it).

Yesterday afternoon, after finding out about the perfidy of my cable company, I was stomping around, going, "If alcohol didn't give me migraines, I'd be thinking about going out and getting a drink right now."

Well, now, today that all the problems are cleared up, I have almost the same feeling of mellow happiness that a drink (a small one; I'm actually pretty much a lightweight there, even though, as I said, I don't drink because alcohol brings on nearly instant migraines in me) would have brought.

This kind of feeling makes me a bit verbose and often generous and prone to laugh at a great many things. (I have never been drunk but I kind of predict what kind of drunk I'd be, from that - I'd be the silly happy girl who probably "puts out" under the influence and regrets it later).

It's not a bad feeling for a Friday. I think I can almost tolerate going to the grocery store now.

No comments: