Friday, August 17, 2007

quick things

* It occurs to me (after reading Maggie May's and Kate P.'s comments) that I should maybe retitle the packing a lunch post (where I rant about unwanted additions), "Crouching spinach, hidden mayo."

* Ken, I figured there'd been some kind of legislation requiring the labels for California (gas pumps here have them too). It does seem strange that Californians get special treatment or are singled out for special fear. Except that it's California, where it seems lots of excessive legislation can get passed.

* Today is the Day of All Meetings - the run up to the start of school. On one hand, I'm sorry to see my free time end, but on the other - I just got back from going out to lunch with a bunch of my colleagues (some of whom I hadn't seen for most of the summer) and I realized, dammit, I MISSED these people. I get a little crazy if I don't have regular human contact and sitting in my office analyzing data when I'm the only one in doesn't bring it.

* Does anyone have a "dead pool" of sorts up on what Chinese product is going to be recalled next? I'm going to say running shoes - either because of lead in the rubber or because the innersole air pockets tend to blow out unexpectedly.

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

Hahahahahaha! "Crouching spinach, hidden mayo!"

You made my day!

Maggie May said...

Oh, and maybe as a taxpaying citizen of California, I should demand a mayo warning label? I bet I can get one!

Anonymous said...

It does seem strange that Californians get special treatment or are singled out for special fear.

Well, not when you consider how specially ridiculous are California's legislators, Champions of the Nanny State™, or that California's demsity of moonbats that vote on stupid propositions is rapidly approaching the Chandrasekhar limit.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, the nefarious duo of crouching spinach and hidden mayo. And their evil associate surprise cheese.

I remember at my old job, which was with a wholesale designer and manufacturer of home decor (guess what country did the majority of manufacturing?), seeing the warning labels about lead on our candles and thinking, "Those Californians are a bunch of hysterical sissies." (East Coast haughtiness at its height, I guess.)