Thursday, August 30, 2007

Merit badge

Sometimes, you just need to award yourself a virtual merit badge for stuff.

Or, at least I do. I was a Brownie Scout and a Girl Scout (well, for a while - I quit when they started the strong-arm "You WILL sell x boxes of cookies" tactics). So merit badges have a certain meaning to me.

Oh, and I know - I've survived worse. I will probably face worse in my life. But still - the week is (as far as I'm concerned) over, so I'm giving myself a badge for having made it through with a minimum of tears (and those fairly private tears) and NO cussing anyone out. And no running screaming from the room.

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

Good for you! Enjoy your weekend get away!

nightfly said...

Heh, I may print copies and hand them out. The genius of that expression!

(Word verification: unljikxl - the name of the guy on the badge)