Friday, August 03, 2007

good service, bad service

Okay, I have to say this:

I love my local computer-services center.

Not only did they do a full diagnostic, scan, and clean on my computer when the evil cable company told me it was broken - and they did it fast, and they gave me a better price than originally quoted - but they were POLITE to me (and trust me, that goes a long way), explained things, and even carried the computer out to the car for me when they were done with it.

And now, they are sending someone - at 10:30 THIS MORNING, just over an hour away - to help me set up my wireless network and resolve one little additional problem.

Oh, sure, I pay for the help. But I'm a lot more willing to pay for that sort of thing when the people are:

a. professional
b. polite
c. know what they're doing
d. give me a set time to expect them or to expect my computer to be ready.
e. treat me like I have a brain, that what I don't know about computers isn't because I'm stupid but because it's technical knowledge I'd be unlikely to have, especially if I'm calling for help.

Are you listening, Stupid #$)$(*# Cable Company? That's the way to build a happy customer base.

No comments: